Blog Young Writer's Annual Showcase 2023
Young Writers introduces its Annual Showcase 2023
which celebrates all writing styles and has a 1,000-word limit.
Open to all 4-18 year-olds to showcase their best piece of work. This could be something that they’ve already written this academic year or a new piece can be created especially for entry into the Young Writers' Annual Showcase 2023.
It's a fantastic way for us all to appreciate extended writing on all themes as well as a great opportunity for young writers to write at length. From song lyrics and blog posts, to stories, scripts or an essay, we cannot wait to read the work we receive...
£100 and trophy will be awarded to one winner in each of the following age categories:
Here's how to get involved:
- Does your child have a piece of work they love? Then enter it!
- Have a flick through their English books they brought home at the end of term - is there a fantastic piece in there that you can enter? It could it be extended to maximise the 1,000-word limit or extracted to fit!
- Perhaps they'd like to write a new piece instead - go for it!
- Sign up to our news here to ensure you receive the latest news and blog postings, which include writing tips and fun activities to inspire your child!
- Make it a family activity as all 4-18 year-olds in the UK can enter. Siblings can co-write a 1,000-word piece if they want to!
- The Annual Showcase is open until 15th September, so there's still time when you're back in school!
- Get your new class writing as a fun introduction to the new school year, and enter their work here
- Photocopy your favourite pupil pieces from last year to enter them
- Get younger pupils writing in pairs or groups (up to 6) to help them maximise the 1,000 word limit
- Have you got a piece of work that you’re really proud of that you’ve written last academic year – get a copy and enter it!
- Perhaps there is a piece of work you’ve written that you’d like to extend as the word limit is 1,000 words... Re-read, edit, extend and enter it!
- Maybe you fancy trying to write something new? Use the summer holiday to learn different styles of writing before creating your piece
- Write about what you've been up to on your summer holidays - it could be in the form of a story, a diary, a poem... anything you like!
- Make sure you have your parents’ permission to enter before you email or upload your entry!
For further info on how to take part, prizes and ideas visit our Young Writers’ Annual Showcase web page. The closing date is the 15th September 2023, so there is plenty of time to get involved in this creative writing competition!
If you want to try a new style of writing but not sure where to start, take a look at our 'How To' writing guides. Remember, for the Annual Showcase we can accept any style of writing!
News sign up link: https://www.youngwriters.co.uk/subscribe
Email: [email protected]