We’re excited to announce our brand-new competition “Pandemic Poetry”
Pandemic Poetry - Futures of Hope is a competition open for 5 to 18-year-olds and is aimed at creating a safe space for poets to dream about their futures. The deadline to enter is Sunday June 27th and there is no word limit on entries.
The pandemic has affected many over the last year, young people have missed out on key developmental periods and many are left with worries about their futures. Pandemic Poetry aims to nurture a safe environment for young writers to use a creative outlet and focus on the hope they have for what's to come. By collating a collection of works from children of all ages, we hope to allow 5-18 year olds to feel less alone.
The competition will empower young writers by sharing their words and giving a platform for their voices to be heard! Open for ages 5-18, writers can feel part of a community whilst sharing their thoughts and common connections with other people.
How to take part:
The competition has no word limit and poems can be written in any style. Try to keep things hopeful and looking towards the future, but your thoughts and feelings about your situation are important.
Ideas to write about:
- Why are you hopeful?
- What are you looking forward to in your future?
- What do you want other people to know?
- If you could share a message to everyone your age, what would it be?
- What are you excited about?
- What do you want to do with your friends in the future?
- Where do you want to visit when possible?
- 1st Prize - £100 cash and The Young Writers' Winner's Trophy
2 x runners up - Highly Commended Young Writers' Trophy
How to Enter:
The deadline for this competition is Sunday June 27th. You can enter via the competition page, or by e-mailing your submission to [email protected]. Please include your name, age, address, and your entry.
- You must have a UK address to enter
- Only one entry per person
- Entries can be typed, scanned, posted, or entered via the writing portal (the writing portal is available to schools only)
- Poems must be original work